Here are information and resources for navigating Pennsylvania’s Human Services public assistance system. Use and distribute these resources freely.
- PA Department of Human Services Programs: An overview of Cash Assistance, Food Stamps, and Medical Assistance programs.
- Applying for Benefits: How to apply for benefits and some pointers for the initial interview.
- How Will I Receive Benefits?: Answers to questions about how benefits are received and for how long.
- Filing an Appeal: A how-to guide on filing an appeal.
- Exemptions and Good Cause: A list of circumstances and reasons that exempt people from being required to meet their TANF “work activity” requirements.
- A Summary of Low-Income Assistance Programs: A table comparing, TANF, Extended TANF, General Assistance (GA), Food Stamps, SSI and SSDI.
- Emergency Shelter Assistance: A program for the homeless or those at risk of losing their homes.