Thank you for your interest in having your group volunteer with Just Harvest!
Because Just Harvest is a small office, large groups of 15 or more will generally need to volunteer off-site. Groups of this size can help by:
- Having an outreach day where the group distributes information about Just Harvest programs or events throughout various neighborhoods.
- Having an advocacy day focusing on a particular Just Harvest campaign – could include gathering petition signatures or phone-banking.
- Hosting a poverty simulation at their organization (planning for this should begin about 2 months ahead of time).
Activities for small groups (less than 15 volunteers) include:
- tax site set-up and tear down (early January and late April)
- special events
- distributing action alerts and petitions
If your group is interested in volunteering, please contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-431-8960, ext 124.