Just Harvest is seeking candidates with experience in fundraising and marketing to join its Board of Directors. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated to our mission and believe their experience can drive the organization forward.
Just Harvest educates, empowers and mobilizes people to eliminate hunger, poverty, and economic injustice in our communities by influencing public policy, engaging in advocacy, and connecting people to public benefits. You can learn more about our current Board of Directors here.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Promotes mission of the agency, approves annual goals and objectives for the agency submitted by the agency director, and monitors progress
- Approves policies of the agency in the areas of personnel, legal, finance, facility operations, by-laws, etc.
- Approves annual budget and fundraising plan
- Establishes annual goals and objectives of board committees
- Develops annual performance and evaluation objectives for agency directors
- Develops and approves long range goals of the agency
- Regularly attend and actively participate in monthly Board meetings
- Join at least one standing committee (Personnel Committee, Board Development Committee, Fundraising and Finance Committee, Harvest Celebration Dinner Committee, Long Range/ Strategic Planning Committee) and ad hoc committees. Actively participate in committee actions and meetings
- Attend Just Harvest events during the year
- Be a Just Harvest member
- Make personal contributions and raise funds for Just Harvest
A successful candidate may be presented to Just Harvest’s membership during the Annual Membership meeting and Board elections in June.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org