Just Harvest is seeking a Fresh Access on-site coordinator for the upcoming farmers market season, running May/June to October/November. This is a part-time, seasonal position that reports to the Fresh Access coordinator.
The on-Site coordinator assists with operations of the Just Harvest project to accept electronic transactions at Farmers Markets, including direct contact with customers, relationships with market officials and farmers/vendors, community outreach about the project, and back-office record keeping and data collection.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required for the Position
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work as part of a team.
- Listen to others.
- Work with and not for the members.
- Work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Work efficiently with limited resources.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Excellent written communications.
- Computer literacy, including competency with MS Office and Google Docs.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, financial data, and handling retail transactions.
- Flexible work schedule including regular evening and weekend work.
- Small office setting with limited resources.
- Regular work outdoors.
- Job at times is fast-paced and at other time sedentary.
- Computer usage that requires repetitive motions.
- Travel expected to market sites, local meetings, with occasional travel to regional, state, and national meetings.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Transportation of market equipment to/from site. Vehicle preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year relevant experience in food systems issues, farmers’ markets, public policy, grassroots or community organizing, social work, or a related field.
- Familiarity with issues relevant to the Just Harvest mission.
Compensation: $14.25 per hour, at a flexible number of hours per week, no benefits.
To apply, please send your resume and a substantive cover letter to Averyl Hall at AverylH@justharvest.org.