Just Harvest has an opening for a full-time VISTA through the Anti-Hunger and Opportunity Corps! We are seeking a dedicated and self-motivated individual to serve for a full year, starting August 2016. The position responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide program support to help Fresh Access farmers markets to improve accessibility and affordability.
- Expand the number of markets participating in the Fresh Access program.
- Assist with the implementation of strategies addressing food deserts in our communities, such as Fresh Corners, enabling existing small stores to expand their products to include more nutritious, fresh options.
- Assist with program evaluation and develop resources for expanding and improving program implementation.
- Help train and coordinate volunteers
- Create materials to promote Fresh Access and Fresh Corners participation, and plan for the distribution of those materials.
Time Commitment: This is a one year, full-time position beginning in August 2016. You are expected to be available for the needs of your community and project at all times, including days, nights and weekends. AmeriCorps VISTA members are restricted from participating in certain political and religious activities. For more information, please review the AmeriCorps VISTA Terms, Conditions, and Benefits information available here.
Housing: You are responsible for finding your own housing.
- $946 Monthly Living allowance, paid biweekly
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award ($5,775) or End-of-Service stipend ($1,500)
- Health benefits*
- Housing or alternative assistance**
- Training support ***
- 10 paid holidays, 10 sick days, and 10 vacation days
- Opportunity to forbear student loans while in service
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Childcare assistance (if applicable)
- Optional life insurance
- One year non-competitive status for federal government positions
- A network of over 180,000 AmeriCorps VISTA members and alums
- Check out the VISTA FAQ for more details
*For more information on health coverage provided through CNCS, visit: http://www.vistacampus.gov/in-service/benefits-service#health_coverage
**For more information in the Housing and Alternative Assistance provided by Hunger Free America (HFA), visit: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6zH-Sozlg3JfkROdmpJRDZLaENvSFZyMmY5Z0tGODFuaC1tUWdkNGRqSDhVOGtmZHJhUlk&usp=sharing
***HFA offers AHOC members up to $500 in training support for outside training opportunities throughout their year of service. For more information about HFA’s Training Support program, visit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B66RK7wg-MZeckp2eFFKUXBocmM/view?usp=sharing
Interested candidates should apply by June 3, 2016
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Anti-Hunger and Opportunity Corps?
The Anti-Hunger and Opportunity Corps (AHOC) is an AmeriCorps VISTA project, sponsored by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service, the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), and the Wal-Mart Foundation, and managed by Hunger Free America The VISTA members work in both rural and urban areas across the country as part of a public-private partnership to improve access to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly Food Stamps) for Americans in need. Read more here.